- Welcome to Hatchful Application (the “Application”)!
- We will keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up-to-date with the information that you provide to us. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as allowed by law, and provide you access to that information.
- When we use the term “Personal Information” in this policy, it means any information related to an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
What information do we collect from you and why?
- We collect your email address and password when you sign up for an Account (as defined in the Terms of Service).
- We need this information to provide you with our Services, for example, to confirm your identity and to contact you.
- If you register for an Account by logging in with certain third party social networking platforms (for example Facebook) by providing us your login information on such platforms, Shopify will also receive certain information you make available on that platform, (depending on your privacy settings) and any additional information that you specifically consent to provide us with.
- We collect data about the pages in the Application that you visit, how you interact with the Application, and how and when you access your Account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
- We need this information to give you access to and improve our Services
- We collect your name, email address, business address, company name, and title and any other personal information that when you input into the Application or that you permit the Application to access. Information allow permission to your contacts.
- We need this information to provide you with our Services, including shipping the prize you selected in the Store (as defined in the Terms of Service). This information is also used to improve our Services.
- We collect your name and email address when you engage with us for email support.
- We use this information to service your Account, enhance our Services, and answer any questions you may have.
- We will also collect and use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When and why do we share Personal Information with third parties?
- Shopify works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required by law to share information with third parties. We may also receive Personal Information from our partners and third parties.
- Personal information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice via the Services.
- Except when required by law, Shopify will never disclose your Personal Information without obtaining your consent.
Shopify remains responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to a third party for processing or to support our efforts. Any Personal Information transferred to a third party for data processing is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by Shopify.
A “comparable level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to that provided by Shopify.
What do we do with your Personal Information when you terminate your relationship with us?
- We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
What we don’t do with your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- Shopify does, however, provide Personal Information to our Affiliates, and we may use this information to market our products and services and those of our Affiliates.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We perform annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines. We are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and our platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
How do we protect your information across borders?
- Shopify may transmit Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction of residence. Shopify remains responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to a third party abroad for processing or to support our efforts. Any Personal Information transferred to a third party for data processing is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by Shopify. A “comparable level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to that provided by Shopify.
Access to your personal information
- You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can access it anytime. In addition, Shopify takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend or delete personal information that is shown to be inaccurate or incomplete.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, please contact:
Chief Privacy Officer
Last updated: February 3rd, 2017
© 2017 Shopify Inc.